The Cyprus Refugee Council (CyRC), is an independent, non for profit organization, that focuses on refugees, asylum seekers, detainees, trafficking victims and survivors of torture.
The Cyprus Refugee Council (CyRC) was established as the evolution of the Humanitarian Affairs Unit of the NGO Future Worlds Center. The Unit during its 12 years of operation had grown significantly to become the expert in Cyprus on refugee and other related issues. The team and activities carried out by the Unit continue on the CyRC.
What we do:
- Advocate for the establishment and implementation of positive legislation, policies and practices, in accordance with International and European Law;
- Offer legal, social and psychological direct support to persons of concern with the aim to ensure access to rights, integration into the local communities and a satisfactory quality of life.
- Conduct and organise trainings, workshops, seminars and other capacity building activities
- Promote a positive and respectful public attitude towards vulnerable groups by encouraging open-mindedness, addressing marginalisation and discrimination of persons of concern and combating xenophobia and intolerance;
- Undertake research activities in order to develop existing knowledge and conduct sound analysis of the cultural, political and economic context persons of concern and their host communities as well as the community dynamics.