Our client is a leading international Talent Management Software Solutions Provider that are in the process of setting up operations in Cyprus and they are looking to hire a Staff Software Engineer to initially work remotely and then to be based at their new offices in Nicosia.
The Company wants to hire ambitious professionals who thrive on their entrepreneurial spirit and want to Change the Way the World Works. They are passionate about disruptive technology, welcome constant change, and understand the value of employee success in the workplace. They enjoy going to work every day because they believe in their product and L.O.V.E. their culture. They are more than just a software company; they are industry leaders in the H.R. space.
Why work with them?
- They are a fun-loving, passionate, and highly collaborative team
- They believe in moving quickly, failing fast, and adapting to change
- They are committed to achieving technical excellence in everything we do
- They value team work, learning from failure and innovation
Why they want to work with you?
- You have an undying passion for building world-class software
- You are an inspiring leader and believe in coaching and serving your teams
- You have experience supporting agile teams and are familiar with Scrum and Kanban
- You’re positive thinking, solution focused and find opportunities instead of problems
- You have superb technical chops, but you’re always striving to improve
- You believe software should be just as beautiful on the inside as it is on the outside
- You are willing to hustle, get in the weeds and will not rest until the job is done
- You believe that debate, inclusivity, and transparency result in better product
What you’ll do
- Develop, release, and maintain the Company Platform and supporting services
- Coach and Mentor a team of software developers with varying experience levels
- Engage in design/architecture discussions, share your ideas, and influence technical direction
- Hands-on with our codebase and deeply involved in code reviews
- Use the right tool for the job. we love modern technology/framework and use things like React, Redux, Webpack, Docker, Kafka, Kubernetes, Python, Microservices and more
- Make every millisecond of response time count by architecting highly available, great performing, and super secure software that scales to millions of people
- Understands distributed systems and scale, but is also pragmatic
Do you have what it takes? What they are looking for:
- B. Sc. or Masters in Computer Science or related field an advantage
- 8+ years of relevant development experience
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Excellent problem solving and trouble shooting skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff
- Experience performance profiling and benchmarking
- Experience helping build and architect microservices and distributed systems Have built microservices and deployed in Google Public Cloud
- Experience with messaging system like Kafka/Pubsub/RabbitMQ
- Comfortable in a UNIX / Linux environment
- Proficient in a relational database such as MySQL or PostGreSQL
- Effective communication skills and a drive to work collaboratively across teams
- Strong in object modeling and OOP concepts
- Strong in data modeling and database design concepts
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills in English
The Company is passionate about Employee Success and their Software and Services help companies inspire employees globally and drive business success. Their software delivers the tools employees need to perform and stay engaged, and their services provide their clients with one point-of-contact to help their employees sustain results that matter. Named one of the “Best Places to Work”, a “Next Generation Employer of Choice,” one of the “Top 10 Places Where Employees Thrive”, and one of Deloitte and PROFIT’s “Fastest Growing Companies,” the Company offers an outstanding compensation plan, competitive benefits program, generous vacation policy, limitless opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a corporate culture like no other.
This is your chance to be part of an exceptional team of people and contribute to an environment where innovation and initiative are encouraged and rewarded. If you love a challenge, share their “work hard/play hard” mentality, are passionate about the impact you make on a business, thrive on change, and continuously strive for excellence in all that you do, apply for a position this today!
To apply for this vacancy please send an English version of your CV to [email protected] with subject: Staff Software Engineer VAC-19489T