Our client is a single family office based in Paphos that are looking to hire a candidate on a half day basis to fill the role of Company Secretary/Bookkeeper.
The position will be responsible for the administration of three companies in conjunction with the Director and ultimately provide support to the Director in all aspects of Company administration and accounting.
Additional responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Liaison with clients and advisers on day to day administration matters
- Sending out required documents for audit
- Communicating with bankers, auditor and social insurance
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- An experienced and qualified individual with appropriate qualifications and an excellent working knowledge of Cyprus’ regulatory environment including legislation, codes of practice, guidance notes and policy.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of Company administration including minutes keeping and an awareness of tax legislation.
- Self motivated, analytical, well organised and investigative.
- Knowledge of Bookkeeping systems including:
- Petty cash, bank statements, debtors, creditors, sundry, expense claims, VAT, preparation of accounts, preparation of company figures and documents for audit
- Payroll – SI & income tax calculations, payslips, bookkeeping through control accounts
- Assets/ liabilities – depreciation, interest calculations
- Income/expense recognition – investments, accruals and deferrals, recharge invoices, Journals and adjustments – month end, quarter end, year end
- Trial balance – understanding of meaning of balances and order of the ledgers
- Nominal ledgers – understanding the content and meaning of balances
The position is part time, with anticipated working hours of 9am – 1pm, 5 days per week, however there is flexibility with the starting/finishing times for the right candidate
The company is offering the following:
- A competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Company Health Insurance
Only candidates who have been resident in Cyprus for a minimum of three years can be considered for this position.
Το apply for this vacancy please send an English version of your CV to [email protected] with subject: Company Secretary/Bookkeeper (1/2 day) VAC-19538N