Our client, an innovative communications company based in Limassol, is looking to hire a motivated individual in the role of System Engineer to be part of a talented team of Engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission-critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of quality. Under the oversight and the principles of the architecture team, the System Engineer will install, configure, test and maintain best-in-class operating systems, application software and system management tools for all our customer and internally facing platforms, based on enterprise architecture principles and standards. The System Engineer will provide technical steer and guidance to the Support team, ensuring deployments are seamless and when necessary and act as the subject matter expert and escalation point on diagnosing complex technical issues.
- Manage and monitor customer-facing platforms and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software, hardware and system management tools
- Provide the configuration necessary for the Support team to deploy solutions to customers
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential future issues, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement improvements
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any task
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support by diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues, relating to the Company’s products
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Liaise and assist when required the Development Team by testing new features
- Create a living, working repository of technical knowledge and processes
- Be ready to participate on an on-call, escalation rotation
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- High computer literacy
- Subject matter expertise in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux Debian based environments.
- A thorough understanding of how perimeter and endpoint security services, devices and applications operate
- Packet level knowledge of services and protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP, SNMP, DHCP plus network concepts such as routing and switching (OSI Model)
- Superb understanding of the Asterisk open-source VoIP platform (set up, configuration and troubleshooting)
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Good scripting skills
- A problem-solving mentality and approach
- Flexibility and adaptability to multi-task and meet and demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- The ability to assess and modify your own approach when speaking to customers.
- The ability to provide good analysis, sometimes at a short notice, due to the urgency of each requirement from the customers.
- Experience with monitoring solutions and procedures (Zabbix, AWS native monitoring).
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL) will be considered an advantage.
- A Degree in Computer Science, Computer Network Administration, Information Systems Management or adequate experience in a similar position.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 08:30 to 17:00 (half an hour break) and might require to participate on an on-call escalation rotation, but this depends on the on-going projects.
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: System Engineer – VAC-C20252M. We look forward to hearing from you!