Our client is a very well-established Law Firm that has been in operation for over 20 years with a team of over 30 staff based at their offices in Limassol.
They are now looking to hire an exceptional individual for the position of Senior Corporate Lawyer for their Corporate Law Department. The role requires an experienced candidate with a very strong work ethic, professionalism and integrity which align with the values of the company.
The position will be responsible for:
- Drafting and/or reviewing contracts, legal opinions, resolutions, power of attorneys and any other legal documents
- Handling various corporate transactions (i.e. merger and acquisitions)
- Liaising with the Registrar of Companies and relevant governmental authorities
- Advising and supporting clients on corporate and commercial matters
- Participating in meetings and having ongoing communication with clients, banks, and other relevant authorities
- Handling legal matters that may arise during the life of a company
- Ensuring compliance with AML legislation and carrying out the communication with the compliance department for the establishment of the client’s relation
- Compliance with the Company’s internal policies and procedures at all times
- Examine legal material (laws and articles), undertake legal research, attend legal development seminars/ conferences either in Cyprus or abroad.
- Providing legal advice and assistance on the legality of the Company’s business affairs and practices for any project the Company might be involved
- Undertaking any other responsibilities of a lawyer, according to the needs of the Company
The successful candidate will have/be:
- University Degree in Law
- Member of the Cyprus Bar Association
- At least five years of experience in a Law Firm or Corporate Service Provider in Corporate & Commercial Law related matters
- Speak and write fluently and professionally both in Greek and English
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely with clients and associates
- Excellent ability to understand complicated contents of legal/corporate material and transactions
- Able to manage and supervise a team to successfully meet client’s requests and workplace ethics
- Able to multitask and work under pressure with client deadlines
- Maturity in handling confidential information
The working hours for this position are Monday – Thursday 8:30 – 13:00 and 14:30-18:00 and on Fridays 8:30 – 15:00.
The company is offering a competitive salary based on experience x 13 salaries plus an annual performance-related bonus.
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: Senior Corporate Lawyer – VAC-C20272M. We look forward to hearing from you!