Our client is an IT solutions company based in Nicosia looking for a Senior MSSQL Database Developer to join their expanding team.
They design intelligent, bespoke and intuitive web applications, desktop applications, mobile apps, and provide services that transform brands for their digital transformation
They are a diverse team of approximately 70 highly talented, enthusiastic software developers, project managers, web designers, digital marketers, analysts and QA engineers.
The team is primarily located in Cyprus, with about a third of employees located abroad from various locations, allowing for an internationally diverse team.
As a Database Developer at our company, you will be responsible for designing, testing, planning, implementing, protecting, operating, managing and maintaining our company’s databases.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide guidance and support to Application Developers
- Assist with schema design, code review, SQL query tuning
- Install, tune, implement and upgrade DBMS installations
- Write and deploy SQL patches
- Upgrade and improve application schema and data upgrades
- Process work accurately and in a timely manner
- Pay attention to detail at all times
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Collate, prepare and present statistical information for internal and external use
- Troubleshooting of database performance issues
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field or relevant experience
- More than 3 years of experience with programming languages such T-SQL coding
- Easily design and implement a business process into functional and efficient code
- Implement and manage company data management practices and policies
- At least 5 year of experience in administering, managing and tuning databases
- Good understanding of data and schema standards and concepts
- Good understand database design, implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Ability to implement database backup strategy and disaster recovery strategy
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivator and motivated to continuous learning
- Able to work primarily in English
- Work with Cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS etc)
- C# experience
- No-SQL Databases
- SSRS experience
- Salary based on skills and experience
- Flexible working hours
- Discretionary Bonus
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: Senior MSSQL Database Developer – VAC-C20303C. We look forward to hearing from you!