Our client is an internationally renowned independent third-party Ship Management Company managing over 600 diverse types of vessels. They are looking to hire a Country Finance Lead to be based in their offices in Nicosia.
Job Position Summary:
The role exists to manage the bottom line at a country level, and inform business decision by implementing financial controls, managing the country’s budget and providing accurate high level financial analysis, adhering to business strategy, as well as professional and legal regulation
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Project and develop budget for country operations
- Accountable for the development and projection of the country’s overall and functional budget for the current and next financial year and for compliance of financial reports to legal reporting and tax filings requirements in the country.
- Drive the timely and accurate compilation of accounts and preparation of budget, financial forecasts, and other required reports at a country level through heads of departments.
- Assist the Country Head in the allocation and approval process for the budget for relevant businesses and projects.
Analyze high level financial data
- Accountable for assisting the Group Financial Controller developing the financial strategy of the organization.
- Provide expert insight on analyzed financial data at a country level, and present findings to Group Financial Controller and Country Head to guide business decisions and strategy formulation.
Establish financial controls
- Responsible for ensuring all financial transactions in the country adhere to the developed processes and policies, as well as legal requirements.
- Drive the adoption of business processes and accounting policies to manage, document, evaluate and report financial transactions implemented by Group Financial Controller within the country.
Manage risks and develop contingencies
- Accountable for implementation the developed financial risk management system within the country.
- Drive the implementation of structured contingency plans to minimize impact of unforeseen financial risks through collaboration with Country Head and relevant internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Group Financial Controller and Country Head to review financial risk management systems and contingency plan to ensure alignment to local financial legislation and regulations.
Drive continuous improvement within the department
- Responsible for implementing and driving continuous improvement initiatives through managers and employees within the department.
- Collaborate with Group Financial Controller and employees within the department to identify improvements that can be made to policies, processes, or technological infrastructure.
- Drive the operationalization and implementation of improvement initiatives within the department through managers and employees.
- Monitor adherence to timeline and budget for continuous improvement projects and technological implementations within the department and report progress to Group Financial Controller.
- Monitor and report improvement in outcomes within the department to Group Financial Controller.
Oversee day-to-day operations
- Accountable for the oversight and management of Accounting, FP&A, Tax, AML/KYC processes within the country.
- Responsible for addressing major issues of anomalies or non-compliance in financial transactions.
- Monitor and review daily operations within the Finance department to ensure compliant and efficient processes, providing guidance for improvement if necessary.
- Act as the final point of resolution for cases of non-compliance in financial transactions within the country, working with departments and authorities to understand the causes of non-compliance and anomalies, and ensure timely and appropriate resolution of issues. Collaborate with relevant senior stakeholders, departments, and authorities.
Develop human capital
- Develop capabilities of direct reports through formal or informal mentorship and implementation of development plans.
- Drive the identification and addressing of gaps in competencies through performance review of direct reports and collaboration with HR.
- Review and comment on workforce plan developed by HR to ensure adequate manpower for critical positions.
Relationship (mostly Internal and or External) and Nature of Communication:
- Primarily maintains relationships with the Group Financial Controller, Country Head, and direct reports as well as key external stakeholders such as such as regulatory bodies and authorities.
- Collaborates with Group Financial Controller, Country Head, and direct reports, to ensure adherence to budget and financial policies and with key external stakeholders to resolve major issues of non-compliance.
- Resolves day-to-day conflicts between direct reports to align efforts in achieving objectives and conflicts between FML and key external stakeholders to ensure company interests are protected.
Job Experience, Functional Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Accounting & Finance/CPA/ Chartered Accountant from a certified accountancy bodies such as CIMA/ACCA/ICAEW
- Proven success in a Financial Manager or equivalent position of a global organization
- In-depth knowledge and experience in the discipline of Accounting and Finance
- In-depth understanding of business model of the ship management industry is preferred.
- Ability to work on Oracle Finance or any other finance platform
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven success in people management.
Reporting Line : CFO
- Excellent salary based on experience
- + 13th Salary
- +Family Medical Coverage
Flexible Working Environment
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: Country Finance Lead – VAC-C20625C. We look forward to hearing from you!