Our client, an international Media Marketing Company with offices internationally, is looking to employ an Accountant/Assistant Financial Controller for their offices based in Limassol.
The role will support the CFO and the Finance Department by managing daily accounting tasks and maintaining transparency for the company’s finances. The successful applicant will hold a minimum of 3+ years of relevant bookkeeping/accountant experience and be fluent in English.
The responsibilities will include:
- Preparation, monitoring and execution of payments (including cash payments)
- Administration of invoices, payments, and banks.
- Collecting and processing of information from payment system.
- Communication and cooperation with payment system, other departments, partners, and managers.
- Assistance with improving of internal reporting system, working methods and their further adaptation to business needs.
- Checking and updating daily reports for the Management.
- Perform any other assigned related duties by the team leader, manager and the management team.
- Recognize incoming payments by clients to company’s records and allocate them to the proper clients.
- Liaise with the marketing department solving any discrepancies might incur on clients’ balances.
- Liaise with external parties such as cooperate/legal advisors.
- Complete bank application forms for opening of new bank accounts.
- Involved in the process of risk assessment in specific areas.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Demonstrated work experience of minimum three years in the industry as an Accountant/Bookkeeper or in a similar role and be comfortable with accounting principles as well as have excellent attention to detail.
- University degree in mathematics, finance, accounting, business administration or in another relevant field.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications with advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyse significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability of improving workflow and to adjust manuals.
The company is offering a salary of between 1700 – 2100 Euros gross per month x 12 salaries plus performance related bonus.
The working hours are Monday – Friday from 9am – 6pm.
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: Accountant/Assistant Financial Controller – VAC-C20629T. We look forward to hearing from you!