The Events Executive will be responsible for planning, organizing and control events from conception to clean up.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preparation of yearly event calendar.
- Organization of events such as conferences, trade shows, seminars, receptions and exhibitions.
- Liaise with relevant sales, marketing, speaker recruitment, editorial and accounts staff to ensure understanding of, and the smooth delivery of, the requirements for each event.
- Source, appoint, liaise and manage venues, event contractors and suppliers.
- Control the costs for each event, regularly updating a running financial forecast
- Planning and organizing events – hire and organize everyone needed to make an event (security guards, concession stand workers, ushers and people to help set up and clean when an event is finished, etc.).
- Handling of the promotion and marketing of the events.
- Handling and coordinating the legwork – making sure banners, signs, food and workers are all in place, etc.
- Ensure adherence to Health & Safety policy as appropriate.
- Presenting ideas and strategies
- Liaising with advertising agencies, designers and printers.
- Organizing photo shoots and video productions.
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials.
- Measure performance of each activity and event.
- Use different channels to optimize campaign’s reach and success.
- Work with marketing team to ensure match with the corporate brand.
- Research and gather opportunities for sponsorships.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, influencers and politicians.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and best practices.
Skills, Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BSc in Communications / Hospitality Management or similar related field.
- At least 3 years of proven related working experience as Events Organizer.
- Strong project management/organizational skills.
- Proven track record in event organization and delivery;
- Attention to details
- Have the personal attributes to interact confidently with sponsors, speakers and cross-company teams at all different levels of seniority.
- Excellent negotiator;
- Superb organizational and planning skills
- Analytical, flexible and able to solve problems on the fly.
- Highly organized and feel comfortable delegating to employees.
- Multilingual ability. Excellent knowledge of both spoken and written forms of English is required.
- Excellent computer skills, analytical ability, numerical skills.
- Self-motivated. Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
- Integrity, Creativity and Confidentiality.
- Interpersonal and communication skills.
Reporting to the Commercial Area Manager
The company offers an attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience, including Medical Insurance, as soon as the probation period expires, as well as excellent opportunities for career development and advancement. If you believe that you have the above qualifications and this opening sounds challenging, send your CV to [email protected]
The Employee’s normal place of work is in Ayia Napa Marina.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.