Our client is a leading international CySEC Licensed Forex Trading Company with offices in a number of locations worldwide. For their office in Limassol, they are looking to hire an MS SQL Server Operational Database Administrator to join their Database Team. In this role you will support the Senior Operational and Development DBAs. This is a great opportunity to apply your existing Operational DBA skills and to build their Development and BI/DWH capabilities.
The SQL Server Operational DBA will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of the critical database systems, to ensure the availability and performance of our corporate applications. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
The SQL Server Operational DBA must work with the Development team and IT Operations to help achieve a state-of-the-art environment that meets current and future business objectives, while at the same time ensuring that the company’s production databases offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to critical clustered Production and Disaster Recovery database systems
- Analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Write stored procedures, evaluate query plans, indexes and troubleshoot performance issues
- Assist developers with query tuning and schema refinement
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members
- Install and configure new SQL Servers
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours
- At least 3 years of work experience supporting Enterprise-level clustered Microsoft SQL Server Databases (2016+)
- Working knowledge of high availability solutions such as SQL Server cluster, Log Shipping, Microsoft Replication (Transactional) and Always-On
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- An enthusiasm for DB Administration and ideally for SQL Development and enhancement
- The ability to perform under tight deadlines and under pressure
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Unquestionable integrity and honesty
- Fluent verbal and written English
After completion of 6 months of service with the company, you will qualify for the following benefits:
- Fully paid Medical Insurance for the employee
- Medical Insurance for your immediate family
- Life Insurance for the employee
- Provident Fund
The working hours are Monday – Friday: 8 hour working day, with some flexibility for start and end times
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: MS SQL Server Operational DBA – VAC-CA20658M. We look forward to hearing from you!