Our client, a very well-established online gaming company based in Malta, is looking to hire a MLRO and Compliance Officer for their office in Malta.
Although candidates from within the online gaming industry would be preferred, relevant Money Laundering and Compliance experience from other online industries will also be considered.
The role of Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Compliance Office will report independently to the Board of Directors with regards to the MLRO duties, whilst working under the direction of the Legal and Compliance function, in the role of Compliance Executive.
The MLRO’s main responsibility is to consider any internal reports of unusual or suspicious transactions and, where necessary, follow up the same by filing a STR with the relevant FIAU in the jurisdiction in which they operate.
The MLRO shall be the main contact point between the Company and the FIAU and any other relevant Financial reporting agency, and shall also be responsible for responding to relevant requests for information.
Working closely with the Legal and Compliance team, their AML function and board of directors, you will be entitled to access any information which may be relevant to the execution of your responsibilities as MLRO.
The MLRO shall be required to register as Key Function responsible for AML and Risk with the MGA, and where required in any other jurisdiction in which the Group operates.
The following outlines the responsibilities that fall under the MLRO’s and Compliance Executive’s role respectively:
Main MLRO Responsibilities:
- Compliance with the regulatory framework in respect of MLRO duties and responsibilities
- Responding to requests made by competent authorities including the FIAU and other FIUs, the ARB, the
- Courts of Justice and the Police
- Consideration of internal reports received in view of all relevant information, to determine whether information contained in reports does give rise to knowledge or suspicion that a client may have been, is, or may be engaged in money laundering or the funding of terrorism
- Reporting external suspicious activity and/or recording reasons for not reporting suspicious activity
- Maintaining records of internal and external reports and taking subsequent action and maintaining records of reasons for submission/non-submission
- Provide AML/CFT training and ensuring that the Company’s employees are adequately trained to become cognisant of the legal provisions concerning the prevention of money laundering and funding of terrorism and to identify transactions involving knowledge or suspicion of money laundering, and funding of terrorism
- Assessing whether authorisation should be sought for the suspension of a suspicious transaction from the FIAU or other relevant FIU
- Receiving internal reports or disclosures of suspicious transactions, deciding whether these should be reported to the competent authorities and if appropriate, making such external reports
- Ensuring that another qualified employee deputises during temporary unavailability as a designated employee
- Advise senior management and the board of directors on money laundering suspicions, and provide clear guidelines and ways forward in relation to the application of the AML framework
- Liaise with the relevant authorities and the police to investigate suspicious activity
- Periodical reporting to the board of directors
- Support the Legal and Compliance department with ad hoc projects as required
Main Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
- Monitor and review all developments within the regulatory environment of the business
- Liaise with the relevant regulators to ensure the Company’s licenses are maintained successfully
- Prepare and co-ordinate applications for new gaming licenses
- Support all internal stakeholders on a continuous basis with issues concerning compliance in the iGaming industry
- Advise and guide on compliance and contract risks, implementation and general compliance issues
- Compile and present reports to senior management
- Ensuring that all compliance and licensing procedures are respected
- Assist with the development of new procedures and policies regarding AML
- Prepare AML training materials and deliver training across the business to contribute to building a culture of compliance
What they are looking for:
- You have previous experience as an MLRO with a strong background working within an AML function
- If you hold a personal management license issued by the FIAU in Malta, will be considered an advantage
- You have relevant AML/CFT qualifications
- You have expert knowledge of the 4th Money Laundering Directive, as well as the Money Laundering
- Regulations and the Proceeds of Crime Act
- A sound understanding of new legislation, particularly the impact SARs regime and FATF mutual evaluation have on the online iGaming industry
- Assertive with the courage to push back when needed prioritising the best interests of the Company
- A professional individual, able to build relationships at all levels and lead by example
- An excellent communicator, with an inquisitive eye for detail and strong analytical skills
- Able to work in a dynamic environment and embraces change
- A creative problem solver with a strong positive mindset
- You make decisions with sound judgement and adopt an evidence- based approach
- A trustworthy, credible and influential individual
The company offers flexitime with starting hours between 07:30am – 09:30am
The company is offering an excellent salary and benefits package including the following:
- Lunch twice a week,
- Breakfast once weekly,
- Family friendly measures such as family leave and increased flexibility,
- Wellness allowance,
- Professional Development allowance,
- International medical insurance,
- Mental health support,
- Team building allowances,
- Monthly get togethers,
- Free parking,
- Birthday vouchers and extra birthday leave,
- Study leave (A bonus scheme will be introduced in Q1 2022)
The company is also offering a relocation package which includes:
- Flights to Malta
- 3 weeks accommodation upon arrival
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: MLRO and Compliance Officer (Malta) – VAC-C20908N. We look forward to hearing from you!