Our client, a well established Audit/Accounting Firm that has been in operation for over 45 years with offices in Cyprus and Europe, is looking to hire an Accountant with strong VAT experience to join their Accounting Department in Limassol.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least five years of experience in accounting and VAT
- Good knowledge of the Cyprus VAT legislation and/or the EU VAT Directive
- Good knowledge of the Interpretive Circulars issued by the Department of Taxation
- College or University Degree in Accounting and Finance or similar
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- Thrive under pressure in deadline-driven situations
- Diligent, methodical and reliable
- Fluent in written and spoken Greek and English
- Good knowledge of internet applications and Microsoft Office
- Working alongside associates and clients whilst assisting in VAT related matters
- Compiling information, completion and submission of quarterly VAT returns, monthly VIES returns and assisting with the necessary payments
- Preparation of annual pro-rata VAT adjustments
- Preparation and submission of VAT registrations, deregistrations and updating of client records with the Department of Taxation
- VAT compliance work including preparation and submission of VAT and VIES returns
- Planning work schedule around deadlines in a timely manner, and informing clients in advance of their obligations
- Communication, including on-site meetings with the Department of Taxation to address various issues that may arise pertaining to the work at hand, or to submit declarations
- Handling ad-hoc indirect tax issues.
The working hours are Monday – Thursday from 8am – 13:15 and 14:30 – 5:45 and Friday’s until 2pm.
The client is offering a competitive salary based on experience plus benefits including 13th salary, Medical Insurance, Provident Fund
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: Accountant – VAC-C20976T. We look forward to hearing from you!