Our client, a luxury Marina project, is looking to hire a Marina Attendant to be based at their marina in Limassol.
Join a dynamic, close-knit and driven team working in an unrivalled environment to deliver services to customers of the Marina project.
The position will be responsible for:
- Accountable to the Marina Manager
- Assist owners and crew with yacht berthing and daily marina operations, including towing and line work with the marina workboat, car-parking and baggage handling.
- Conduct daily marina routines such as vessel checks, security checks and facility checks to ensure a safe and high-standard of operation. Check berth occupancy and license validity, monitoring water and electricity usage.
- Ensure that the boats in the marina are at all times properly and sufficiently moored and protected with fenders, and that neither mooring lines, electricity cables, boat overhangs or any other thing causes a hazard on pontoons or quays.
- Daily liaison with government officials (police, customs, immigration), monitoring site security, answering telephone and personal enquiries, operating the VHF radio, maintaining log-books, computer systems and records as required.
- Carry out routine repairs and maintenance duties.
- Clean building, pontoons, quays and the marina site and workplaces in order to maintain a high standard of hygiene and appearance.
- Operate the fuel station following all relevant procedures and enforcing all marina rules.
- Assist with boat handling and boatyard operations (e.g. boat hoist), operate high pressure washer, block and stand yachts where and as appropriate.
- Regular inspections of bow moorings, and all under water ground tackle.
- Comply with the Company’s health and safety policy and other procedures and guidelines and with recognized good working practices, and see that others follow.
- Comply with the marina regulations
The ideal candidate will have:
- No experience required!
- Honesty, integrity, work-ethic and willingness to learn new skills are essential.
- All training and qualifications provided.
- Prior experience in nautical/marine sector or in customer service/hospitality sector is an advantage.
- Ability to complete and/or maintain any required licenses/certificates including first-aid, life-saving, scuba-diving, emergency response, speedboat operation.
- Proficiency in swimming and a driving license are required.
- Proficiency in Greek and English languages are required.
The company is offering the following:
- A competitive salary x 13 salaries
- Medical Insurance and Provident Fund after probation.
- Training qualifications inc. SCUBA, first aid, life-guard, fire warden, forklift licence, speedboat operator and more all included.
- Uniform, staff discount card, parking all provided.
The role requires shift work which will include the following shifts (07:00 – 16:00, 08:00 – 17:00, 11:00 – 20:00, 13:00 – 22:00) and weekend work including every two of every three weekends. An average 5 days per week.
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: Marina Attendant – VAC-C21114T. We look forward to hearing from you!