For an International Service Provider in Limassol, we are looking for a dynamic Qualified Accountant to join their large professional team in Cyprus to work on a variety of established business areas and their development projects. The individual should have commercial experience, negotiation skills, purchasing skills, management skills, powerful systems skills, commercial proven track record, marketing, and brand awareness, understanding of legal principles surrounding contracts and agreements, attention to detail, and be a perceptive and effective communicator. Travel may be required between locations and/or client offices in Europe.
Clients include businesses in an array of industries including regulated financial services firms. Clients are also services providers in functions that include HR, accounting, tax, assets management, property management, compliance, IT. We are looking for a highly ethical individual with a keen interest to contribute to business and systems development and to manage the interface between finance and other business functions. This is an ideal opportunity for an energetic confident professional who is willing to manage a cross border and multifunctional team, operate, oversee, and enhance the brands and the network of relationships. The preferred candidate will have a professional ACA qualification and a Master of Business Administration (MBA) will be considered an advantage. In addition to international experience, we look for focus on excellence, individual achievement, and project management skills. The individual must have desire and interest in learning, taking appropriate further qualifications essential to the business network, and very high energy.
- Working closely with the clients’ senior management, finance executives in delivering the objectives, budget and timetable for all corporate accounting, financial reporting, tax, and regulatory/compliance functions
- Management, coordination and supervision of the team and daily business operations
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts, annual financial statements for international companies, budgets, forecasts and cash flows for the company and its clients as required
- Production of consolidated accounts and historical production and participation in reconciliation of consolidated accounts and ongoing
- Participation in review and negotiation of agreements, commercial background, and general legal company objectives
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annually, or ad hoc reporting requirements (including TAX, VAT returns, etc.) for the company and its clients and liaising with authorities as required
- Liaising and negotiating with main external service providers, advisors, and counterparties
- Developing and implementing growth strategies
- Ensure compliance with service standards, company policies and procedures, agreed operational and control processes
- Participate in the Document Management system and accounting system, specification, implementation, integration and migration with multi-function team already in process
- Liaising and coordinating with the clients’ external auditors, as well as the internal audit and risk management functions to conduct reviews and prepare reports
- Development of efficient and effective policies processes and cost control measures through automation or streamlining
- Assist in the management of a portfolio of projects, including but not limited to asset purchasing and disposals, property agreements, accounting, audit, communication of clients and suppliers, liaising with authorities and service providers etc.
- Consistent and efficient cooperation with other departments such as HR, IT, Legal, Compliance, and Admin and continuous overview, to ensure that the financial function exercises control across all different departments
- Active involvement in aspects of operational risk management, finance and compliance related activities Due Diligence with clients and conduct of Due Diligence on service providers
- Active involvement in ad-hoc projects
- First Class bachelor’s degree from a top University and ACA Qualified Accountant, with at least 6 years post qualification experience in a similarly demanding role
- CySEC Advanced Certificate, Master of Business Administration (MBA) or US Accounting and Investment related qualification will be considered an advantage
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Packages and Databases) with experience in using accounting software Navision
- Fluent in English; knowledge of French language an advantage.
- Dynamic, results oriented individual, operating with speed and accuracy
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and flexibility of approach
- Excellent planning, prioritization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Willingness to plan think and operate strategically
- Strong commercial awareness, bottom line oriented
- Proactive with the ability to take initiative and decisions and to provide the best possible proposals and preparation for management decisions
- Highly ethical, trustworthy, reliable, discreet, committed to long term achievement, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong executive personality
The working hours are Monday to Friday between from 09.00 – 18.00 (one hour lunch break)
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: Senior Qualified Accountant – VAC-C21128M. We look forward to hearing from you!