Our client, a global institutional trading network and the global leader in large block trading, is looking for a Front End Developer to join their core development team who is responsible for the Investment Analytics products and will be expected to lead various workstreams delivering to the Global business.
The role is based in Limassol and the person in this position is expected to be a skilled, driven Engineer looking to learn and implement best practices in Front End Engineering and has relevant experience and expertise in the Financial services industry.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic developer who is excited about any new challenges/technologies thrown at them. The role requires a high level of ownership of deliverables and involves working closely with business stakeholders and ensuring development is aligned with business expectations.
- Take lead on the design, analysis and development of our apps.
- Develop, maintain and enhance software products covering rich client applications, web & mobile.
- Keep current with industry trends and incorporate emerging best practices into everyday work.
- Ensure compliance to target architecture by working closely with UX, Design and Product.
- Support senior team members to achieve team and business goals.
- Work with key stakeholders to drive product implementation strategy.
- Collaborating with teams outside of the Investment Analytics team and in other global regions to deliver optimal outcomes for the company.
- Perform level three production support, testing, and other software engineering functions as needed.
- Programming experience of 5+ years.
- Significant design and development experience of a rich ReactJS and React Native mobile apps.
- Excellent knowledge of responsive design.
- Extensive experience with ReactJS and at least one another framework.
- Hands-on knowledge of technologies such as SASS, MobX, Apollo GraphQL, Websockets.
- Solid understanding of test pyramid and expertise in unit testing libraries.
- Demonstrated development skills in a collaborative team environment.
- Experience in Agile Methodologies (e.g. SCRUM) in distributed teams.
- Good knowledge of Git and its workflow.
Desirable experience in one or more of the following is a distinct advantage:
- BDD paradigm and frameworks
- Experience working with remote teams
- Experience in refactoring tightly coupled code bases
- Excellent grasp of software engineering principles including development and release lifecycle processes
- Experience performing third-level technical support and trouble-shooting
- Previous experience in asset management industry or capital markets