Our client is a leading provider of online foreign exchange (forex) trading, CFD trading and spread betting, looking for a BI Developer to join their growing Data Science and Analytics team based in Nicosia.
The role would involve working with their data warehouse and ETL processes to support the data needs of the team, as well as analysts from various departments all over the company. This would be ideal for somebody that is passionate about data — getting it, storing it, monitoring it, and turning it into something that can drive impact and value. The data will cover a wide range of information as needed from Sales, Operations, Compliance, Dealing, Marketing and more. They are continually looking to learn more, improve and expand, and are looking for candidates that have the same values. They need somebody who is detail oriented, focused on continually learning, and very importantly, must be proactive.
- Work with business intelligence, data science and other analysts to manage and expand on the data warehouse architecture
- Write and manage ETLs in order to extract data from multiple internal and external data sources
- Conduct performance optimization and monitoring on the data warehouse
- Monitor data warehouse work and provide subject matter expertise
- Establish internal processes in order to ensure data integrity and consistency
- Analyze and test new data sources for availability and quality, and integrate with the data warehouse
- Share knowledge and expertise with other team members to enable continued team skills development
- Strong experience in design and development of Data Warehousing Dimensional Models (using for example PostgreSQL/Teradata/Oracle/Microsoft/Amazon Redshift/BigQuery/Snowflake etc.)
- Strong skills in any ETL tool (Airflow, SSIS, etc.)
- A strong database knowledge and experience, including development, maintenance, optimization, troubleshooting (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server, etc.)
- Strong skills in SQL and Python
- Experience pulling data from REST APIs
- Experience with Tableau is a plus
- Experience in design and management of data integrity / data validation processes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences is considered a plus
- Attention to detail, strong problem solving and communication skills
- Strong level of English
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: BI Developer – VAC-C21147N. We look forward to hearing from you!