Our client the first integrated Casino Resort on the island and the only one of its kind in Europe is looking to hire a team of Investigators – Due Diligence to be part of their Corporate Risk & Investigations Department here in Cyprus.
As the roles will mainly assist with the pre-employment screening of the large volumes of employees that will be hired before the opening of the resort, the positions are for a period of 6 months with the possibility to extend for an additional 6 months.
Scope of the position:
Reporting to Manager of Corporate Risk & Investigations, the Investigator – Due Diligence, is primarily responsible for assisting pre-employment screening for employee candidates and providing a comprehensive due diligence on suppliers and contractors, in order minimize or prevent any financial or reputational risk for the group in general.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Reviews provided background check documents of candidates for inconsistencies, errors, omissions, falsifications in order to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct comprehensive due diligence against suppliers, business partners, employment candidates and other persons of interests as to identify illegitimate backgrounds, excluding them from any business relations or partnerships with the group
- Prepares due diligence reports regarding potential supplier for presentation to supervision and management by organizing all vetting material in accordance with established procedures and makes recommendations as to background findings.
- Prepares detailed summary (final background check report) of adverse information based upon objective analysis and evaluation of candidate’s background.
- Makes additional inquiries to assist in determining credibility of documents provided by candidates and Vendors
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the Manager, Corporate Investigations.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
Undergraduate degree in Criminal Justice, Law, Audit, or any related field is highly preferred
- Understanding of public source references and the ability to obtain information through a number of different means.
- Have experience and knowledge of research and analysis of information.
- Must possess outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Simultaneously consider numerous facts, perceive patters and relationships, develop theories about past occurrences based on numerous information or evidence, compare, and interpret information, recognize and examine discrepancies.
- 2+years of experience in background screening and investigations is highly preferred.
- Displays the highest level of integrity, maturity and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage challenges.
- Displays a high commitment to delivering results.
- Ability to maintain discretion
In return the company is offering a competitive salary based on experience and skills.
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: Investigator – Due Diligence – VAC-C21240T. We look forward to hearing from you!