Our client, a fast-growing property development company in Cyprus, is expanding and is therefore looking for an R&D Project Manager – Modular Buildings & Design/Construction technologies for their office in Limassol. This role will be responsible for all research and development activities and workflows. The R&D Project Manager will link the design, bid and build phases together, bringing transparency, accountability and efficiency throughout the research and development process.
To be successful as a research and development manager, it is important to be able to see the big picture as you will have to envision projects from start to finish. At the same time, having a keen ability to pay attention to details is important, as R&D managers ultimately need to closely supervise every step of the development process for new products.
Leadership and managerial skills are also important in this role, as well as the ability to communicate well with colleagues and lower-level staff. A strong sense of creativity will also aid in the process of thinking of new product ideas and solving problems creatively.
Knowledge and ability to work in AGILE way due to constantly changing environment and requirements.
- Manage all design, procurement pre-construction activities and workflows for the Modular Construction Prototype projects.
- Develop research programs incorporating current developments to improve existing products and study the potential of new construction Materials, Technologies and products.
- Oversee research activities and develop knowledge-based products for a company in the field of Modular Construction and new Technologies in the Construction Industry.
- Develop key relationships within the business development & modular construction industry
- Coordinate with key stakeholders (Suppliers, Partners, Consultants, Architectural, Engineering, etc.) throughout the Research and Development phase.
- Work with executives and departments to understand the vision and mission of Prime Property in the Modular Construction sector.
- Communicate with the manufacturers and service providing companies in Modular Construction sphere
- Interface with the architecture team to execute feasibility studies including:
- Preliminary design and modular design input
- Budget estimates
- Scopes of work and logistics plans
- Manage the entire pre-construction project cycle, including project team members
- Establish and maintain relationships and communication with all involved stakeholders
- Review all documentation, identifying issues and gaps
- Conduct team meetings, client/architect meetings and budget reviews
- Present costs, scheduling updates and budget updates to various stakeholders
- Analysis and a sound understanding of current conditions within a Modular Construction Market.
- 3-5 years Construction/Design/Pre-construction project management experience (Either civil engineer or architect)
- Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or related field
- Modular Construction experience
- Agile Project Management understanding
- Lean Six Sigma Philosophy basic understanding and knowledge
- Ability to read schematic and detailed architectural design and engineering plans
- Ability to conduct feasibility and preliminary studies
- Create scope of work and contract documents template and specific applications
- Create summary and detailed budgets
- Deep understanding of Means and Methods of Modular Construction
- Proficient in Construction Project Management methodology and software
- Great people skills, and ability to communicate with others via email and phone
- Ability to maintain workflow and create processes and systems
- Proficiency with IT systems and software necessary to perform job functions
- Ability to critically review and analyze information in detail
- High level of fluency in reading plans, specifications and related documents
The working hours are Monday to Friday 08:30 – 17:30 with a lunch break 13:00 – 14:00.
TO APPLY for this job opportunity, send your CV (in English please) to [email protected] and include the reference: R&D Project Manager – Modular Buildings & Design/Construction Technologies – VAC-D21235M. We look forward to hearing from you!