VACANCY NOTICE: HR/21/193
Local Executive Officer (LEO)
€29,427.00 per annum
Level Transfer or Promotion, the successful candidate will retain their Terms and Conditions (Old TACOS Employees Under a Pension Scheme will be moved on SBAA old TACOS)
BFC: BFC 10
SBAA: SBAA 8
New Terms and Conditions: LEO
HOURS PER WEEK
NEW Terms and Conditions: 37
SBAA AREA OFFICE DHEKELIA
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be a Cypriot National. This advert is running concurrently both internally and externally. There will be no priority given to internal candidates.
Ensure that your application has been correctly completed and all relevant information has been provided. Failure to do so may result in your application being excluded.
Applications from individuals that have either reached or passed the BFC / SBAA Normal Retirement age of 64 will not be accepted.
Monday 24th January 2022, Midnight, Local Cyprus Time.
Late applications will not be accepted.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR THE ROLE:
• You must undergo and pass as security / police check. If you are found successful you will be requested to provide a Clean Criminal Record and a Sex Offenders Certificate issued by the Republic of Cyprus.
• You must provide 2 professional references.
• A good knowledge of office-based IT is needed, including Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook) and electronic filing practices.
• Fluency in English and Greek both verbally and in writing is an essential part of this role.
• Be prepared to self-drive an MT vehicle (and prepared to maintain or obtain FMT600) to attend meetings across WSBA and ESBA or occasionally in the Republic of Cyprus and hold a valid driving licence.
• Understanding of public administration in the Republic of Cyprus.
• University degree in Business or Public Administration, Architecture, Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Land Management or Law or other relevant degree and / or minimum 2 years’ experience in civil administration
• Good knowledge in written and spoken Turkish
For specific details of the role please refer to attached JOB DESCRIPTION.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
You must complete the application form and include evidence of how you meet the following
1. Planning and Managing Resources to deliver Business Results
2. Analysing and using evidence
3. Managing Customers and Suppliers
4. Communicating and Influencing
5. Leadership and Developing People
The recruitment process is a fair and open competition and people will be judged on their own merit.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. To apply for this role please complete the application form located at the following link:
2. For further information about the role and process involved please contact Mr George
Kiteos, DHK Area Officer on Telephone No: 00357 24 744558
3. For further recruitment information and guidance please refer to: Cypriot Nationals Q&A
4. Once completed electronically please send your application by email to:
Only electronic applications via email in the original word format should be submitted (no handwritten applications will be accepted). No hard copy applications will be accepted. Any forms that are submitted in any other format e.g. bitmap, jpeg, pdf will not be considered
Incomplete forms will not be sifted, please ensure that you complete all the sections on the form.
Only send your application, no CV or any other attachments to the Recruitment group mailbox, please do not attempt to send the application to the Recruiting Line Manager as they will not be able to accept it until it is forwarded through the Recruitment Officer for interview sift evaluation.
You will receive an email to let you know whether or not you have been successful to reach the interview stage, you will only receive feedback of your performance from the interview stage.
(To be reviewed at recruitment or annually at beginning of Reporting Year)
Assistant Area Inspector
DHK Area Office
SBAA 8/BFC 10/LEO
Full Time/Part Time
No of Established Hours
36.25 – 37.50
Required Security Clearance
Current Incumbent Name
Employed by BFC or SBAA
Brief Description of Role
Assisting and deputising the Area Inspector (Dhekelia); assisting the Area Officer through the Area Inspector in administering the Sovereign Base Area (SBA) of Dhekelia by enforcing relevant SBA legislation and policies, examining non-military development and other related applications, business licence applications, investigating administrative offences, processing Cyprus Community Relations Fund (CCRF) applications and fostering SBA Administration and British Forces Cyprus (BFC) public and business relations at the appropriate local and district level.
Responsible to Area Office Dhekelia
Priorities (list in order)
NOTE: The Line Manager maintains the discretion to allocate any of the above or other priorities / tasks to the successful applicant.
Responsible for (Tasks/Duties)
Percentage (%) of time spent during the working week on each task
All employees are
Knowledge / Experience/Training/qualifications required for the post
Health & Safety Responsibilities
The Post Holder is to take due account of customer care considerations and is responsible for ensuring that their own actions and their environment is free from items/actions that may be considered hazardous to others.
Originator: Line Manager