VACANCY NOTICE: HR/21/194
Local Administrative Officer (LAO)
€21,019.00 per annum
Level Transfer or Promotion, the successful candidate will retain their Terms and Conditions (Old TACOS Employees Under a Pension Scheme will be moved on SBAA old TACOS)
BFC: BFC 8
SBAA: SBAA 5
New Terms and Conditions: LAO
HOURS PER WEEK
NEW Terms and Conditions: 37
Dhekelia Area Office
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be a Cypriot National. This advert is running concurrently both internally and externally. There will be no priority given to internal candidates.
Ensure that your application has been correctly completed and all relevant information has been provided. Failure to do so may result in your application being excluded.
Applications from individuals that have either reached or passed the BFC / SBAA Normal Retirement age of 64 will not be accepted.
Monday 24th January 2022, Midnight, Local Cyprus Time.
Late applications will not be accepted.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR THE ROLE:
• You must undergo and pass as security / police check. If you are found successful you will be requested to provide a Clean Criminal Record and a Sex Offenders Certificate issued by the Republic of Cyprus.
• You must provide 2 professional references.
• A good knowledge of office-based IT is needed, including Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Outlook) and electronic filing practices.
• Fluency in English and Turkish both verbally and in writing is an essential part of this role.
• Be prepared to self-drive an MT vehicle (and prepared to maintain or obtain FMT600) to attend meetings across WSBA and ESBA or occasionally in the Republic of Cyprus and hold a valid driving licence (manual car).
• Secondary School Graduate
• Very good knowledge of the local area.
• Integrity of character, initiative and friendly personality.
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
• Good knowledge of spoken and written Greek.
• Two years’ experience in civil administration.
• Experience Working with technical drawings
For specific details of the role please refer to attached JOB DESCRIPTION.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
You must complete the application form and include evidence of how you meet the following
1. Communicating and Influencing
2. Analysing and Using Evidence
3. Working Together
4. Managing Customers and Suppliers
The recruitment process is a fair and open competition and people will be judged on their own merit.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. To apply for this role please complete the application form located at the following link:
2. For further information about the role and process involved please contact Mrs Maria
Kyriakidou-Pieri. on Telephone Number: 00357 24 74 4525
3. For further recruitment information and guidance please refer to: Cypriot Nationals Q&A
4. Once completed electronically please send your application by email to:
Only electronic applications via email in the original word format should be submitted (no handwritten applications will be accepted). No hard copy applications will be accepted. Any forms that are submitted in any other format e.g. bitmap, jpeg, pdf will not be considered
Incomplete forms will not be sifted, please ensure that you complete all the sections on the form.
Only send your application, no CV or any other attachments to the Recruitment group mailbox, please do not attempt to send the application to the Recruiting Line Manager as they will not be able to accept it until it is forwarded through the Recruitment Officer for interview sift evaluation.
Please Note: You will receive an email to let you know whether or not you have been successful to reach the interview stage, you will only receive feedback of your performance from the interview stage.
(To be reviewed at recruitment or annually at beginning of Reporting Year)
Civil Enforcement Warden (Dhekelia)
Area / Section
DHK Area Office
SBAA 5/LAO/BFC 8
Full Time/Part Time
No of Established Hours
36.25 – 37.50
Required Security Clearance
Current Incumbent Name
Employed by BFC or SBAA
Brief Description of Role
Responsible for civil enforcement and investigation of offences in the area of Pergamos and Pyla and performing administrative/clerical duties, including translation, assisting Turkish Cypriots with application and NMD paperwork. The job holder will receive specialised training, including investigating officer duties, writing of structured reports / statements using the MS Office package, conducting recorded interviews for AOD prosecution cases, issue written warnings / cautions and fixed penalty notices (FPNs), gather required evidence for Court prosecution as well as prepare the relevant dockets (for prosecution cases). Additionally, the job holder will be trained as a drone pilot (the drone will be operated for surveillance / monitoring purposes) as well as to use GPS and other equipment (digital camera etc) for data collection and processing.
Responsible to Assistant Area Inspector
Priorities (list in order)
The key responsibilities of the post are:
Responsible for (Tasks/Duties)
Percentage (%) of time spent during the working week on each task
• Patrolling the area within Pergamos and Pyla with the view to preventing, detecting and reporting administrative offences (illegal developments, activities and sites), monitoring potential civil admin offence sites, issuing written warnings and FPNs and providing intelligence to the Area Office Dhekelia and SBA Police;
All employees are
To undertake ad-hoc duties, as required, that may be reasonably expected by the line manager but are commensurate with the grade, and within the unit objectives.
To carry out responsibilities with regard to BFC Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies.
Competences required Essential:
Knowledge / Experience/Training/qualifications required for the post
Equal Opportunities Responsibilities
The responsibility for implementing the Department’s Equality and Diversity polices is shared by all staff. The Post Holder has a shared responsibility to ensure that the working environment is free from harassment, and that the dignity of others is respected. The Post Holder is required to take care that his/her own conduct does not cause offence and she/he should discourage colleagues from harassing others. Post Holder will be required to undertake a mandated Equality & Diversity training.
Health & Safety Responsibilities
The Post Holder is to take due account of customer care considerations and is responsible for ensuring that their own actions and their environment is free from items/actions that may be considered hazardous to others.
Originator: Line Manager