UNDP in Cyprus works to support the ongoing peace and confidence building process by promoting initiatives that encourage dialogue and cooperation between the communities of Cyprus. UNDP works in support of different bi-communal Technical Committees in the implementation of their confidence building measures. Our main partners are: The Technical Committee on Cultural Heritage (TCCH), the Committee on Missing Persons in Cyprus (CMP) and the Technical Committee on Crossings (TCC). Through cultural heritage conservation projects, community engagement initiatives and large infrastructure and urban upgrading projects we aim to support both political peacemaking and practical confidence building processes.
Under the guidance of Operations Manager and direct supervision of Operations Clerk, the individual contractor provides reliable Driver / Logistics Support services.
The individual contractor demonstrates a client-oriented approach, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Summary of key deliverables:
1. Driver (60% of the time):
- Driving services for office staff and official visitors.
- Driving project partners to the project sites.
- Collection and delivery of mail and other materials as required from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions.
- Sorting, delivery and pick up of mail from various offices on the premises at regular intervals.
- Collection of invoices from vendors, contacting vendors for any information and documentation to be provided or received.
- Vehicle maintenance and periodic vehicle check. Alert supervisor and management in any issue/problem requires action.
- Support in local shopping / purchases including pickup of office supply and stationary.
- Delivery of recycling items and contents of recycle bins.
- Other duties as required.
2. Logistics Support (30% of the time)
- Support in office events and ceremonies.
- Transportation of items required (e.g. equipment, small furniture, etc.) among the office(s) and project site(s).
- Handling minor technical problems of office related items and reporting service providers for regular maintenance and repair.
- Support in physical check and arrangement of office inventory / assets.
- Packaging / packing of material received for dispatch; labeling, inserting material in envelopes and franking outgoing mail.
- Other duties as required.
3. Other deliverables (10% of the time)
- Monitoring of all visitors to the office; assistance to visitors by providing directions and accurate information related to UN/UNDP.
- Operates photocopying and duplicating machines, binding, and filing.
- Other duties as required.
The key results have an impact on the accurate and timely execution of the office services.
- Ensures full application of UNDP rules and procedures on vehicle management.
- Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services.
- Ensures proper maintenance of official vehicles.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Ability to perform a variety of standard tasks related to front desk service, telephone communications service and administration.
Leadership and self-management:
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Responds positively to critical feedback.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: Primary education. Secondary school or higher level of education is considered as asset.
Experience: 3 years of relevant work experience. Additional relevant work experience is considered as asset.
Driving License: Valid driving license and clean driving record.
Language Requirements: Fluent English. Knowledge of Turkish and/or Greek is considered as asset.
ApplicationInterested individuals must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- CV or Personal History (P11): Applicants are required to submit a CV or a Personal History Form Form.
- References: Contact details of 3 references.
- Financial Proposal: Applicants requested to submit financial proposal. Financial proposal will specify the daily fee in EUR per working day (a day will be calculated as 7.5 hours of work and half an hour lunch break) and shall cover all expenditures including fees, health insurance, vaccination, international (all travel to join duty station/repatriation travel) or local travel (place of residence to office and office to place of residence), cost of living and any other relevant expenses related to the performance of services. Leave benefits (annual, sick, paternity, maternity) are not applicable to Individual Contractor and absent days including weekends and office holidays are not payable.
Evaluation / Selection Process
All applicants will be screened against qualifications and the competencies set above. Candidates fully meeting the requirements will be further evaluated based on the criteria below.
Technical Criteria (CV review and interviews) – 70 % of total evaluation– max. 70 pointsCV review: 30 points:
- Educational qualifications as defined in the ToR (15 points);
- Experience as defined in the ToR (15 points).
Only candidates who obtained at least 70% of points from the CV desk review (who will score at least 21 points) will be invited for an interview.
Interview: 40 points
- Experience in driver services (10 points)
- Experience in logistics support (10 points)
- Communication and interpersonal skills (10 points)
- Acting as a team player (5 points)
- Language Skills (5 points)
Only those individual consultants who obtained at least 70% of points from the interview (28 out of 40) will be considered for financial proposal evaluation.
Financial Criteria – 30 % of total evaluation – max. 30 points.
Financial scores will be calculated using the formula [lowest offer / financial offer of the candidate x 30].
UNDP applies the “Best value for money approach” – the final selection will be based on the combination of the applicants’ qualification and financial proposal.
Monthly lump-sum payable upon submission of the monthly time-sheet, the monthly report and approval of the UNDP.
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence. UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.