Company name: Bosco Constructions & Developments Ltd
Address: 1c, Georgiou Gemistou Strovolos
E-mail address: [email protected]
More information www.bosco.com.cy
Job title : Quantity Surveyor / Cost & Engineer
Post Contract QS
Number of persons required: 1
Preamble A Leading Construction Company seeks to employ a QS/Cost Engineer for his Commercial Department.
Mainly will deal with construction cost matters and will cooperate directly with the Projects Director and Commercial Manager.
Position: Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Engineer
Specialisation: Building Works
- Experience as a Quantity Surveyor/ Cost Engineering
- University degree or professional qualification in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or HTI/TEI Graduate or qualified by experience
- Preferably more than 5 years of experience in the Construction Industry Skills
- IT literate (Windows Office (Excel, Word, Access)) Autocad, Primavera etc
- Very Good understanding of construction drawings, bill of quantities and specifications
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Greek Language, both written and spoken.
- Methodical, precision and responsibility concentration ability, accuracy in measurements
- 3D and spatial perception, forms and shapes
- Fluency in communication and collaboration with other engineers, technicians and garages.
- Must be analytical and have attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliver successfully under pressure
- Preparing Plan of Works, Contracts, Subcontracts, Estimates, budgets, Budget Controls, bills of quantities and other documentation
- Providing advice on contractual claims
- Procuring site materials, labour and plant required
- Value Engineering & Design Optimisations,
- Comparing and analysing rates to find the most cost effective solutions
- Preparing subcontract proposals for senior management approval
- Re-measuring subcontract works when required and checking for accuracy
- Receiving and agreeing subcontract final accounts
- Quotations and negotiating with preferred suppliers to ensure a competitive price
- Allocating work packages to subcontractors and valuing in progress and completed work
- Arranging payments to suppliers and subcontractors
- Price, liaise with estimating department and site and generally keep track of customers variations valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Preparing and submitting final accounts
Employment conditions: Full Time
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package based on qualifications and experience as well as an excellent career advancement opportunity
All applications must include a personal CV and should be sent the above email.