VACANCY NOTICE: HR/133/19
Local Administrative Assistant (LAA)
€15,874.00 per annum.
HOURS PER WEEK
37.00 hours per week
To be eligible to apply for this role, you must be a Cypriot National.
Ensure that your application has been correctly completed and all relevant information has been
provided. Failure to do so may result in your application being excluded.
Thursday 22nd August 2019, Midnight, Local Cyprus Time.
Late applications will not be accepted.
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA FOR THE ROLE:
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
You must complete the application form and include evidence of how you meet the following
The recruitment process is a fair and open competition and people will be judged on their own merit.
HOW TO APPLY:
This role is assessed through the use of a competency framework. For specific details please refer to: SBAA Webpage Competence
Manager by telephone: Maj Mitton, Tel No: 00357 2395 6267
Only electronic applications via email in the original word format should be submitted (no handwritten applications will be accepted). No hard copy applications will be accepted.
Any forms that are submitted in any other format e.g. bitmap, jpeg, pdf will not be considered
Incomplete forms will not be sifted, please ensure that you complete all the sections on the form.
Only send your application, no CV or any other attachments to the Recruitment group mailbox, please do not attempt to send the application to the Recruiting Line Manager as they will not be able to accept it until it is forwarded through the Recruitment Officer for interview sift evaluation.
You will receive an email to let you know whether or not you have been successful to reach the interview stage, you will only receive feedback of your performance from the interview stage.
(To be reviewed at recruitment or annually at beginning of Reporting Year)
|POST TITLE||DIO Administration Support Clerk|
|Full Time/Part Time||Full Time||No of Established Hours||37.00|
|Required Security Clearance||OS||Position LEC/UKD||LEC|
|Current Incumbent Name||Employed by BFC or SBAA||BFC/DIO|
|Brief Description of Role|
Based in Akrotiri the Job Holder will provide full Clerical Support to Infrastructure Managers in DIO RAF Akrotiri for the delivery of their activities.
Line Manager: Estates Facilities Manager RAF Akrotiri. Countersigning Officer: Senior Estate Facilities Manager (WSBA)
|Priorities (list in order)|
· Manage and control of all correspondence, documents and reports received by DIO AKI including filing and archiving as required.
· Co-ordinate and inform Pre-Start, Progress and Handover meetings for works with DIO, Contractor and Stakeholders.
· Attends Station March-In and March-Out Inspections in liaison with Contractor’s Engineer in order to verify identified works on behalf of AKI EFM.
|Responsible for (Tasks/Duties)||Percentage (%) of time spent during the working week on each task (18)|
|· Provide administrative assistance to the DIO AKI staff and other RAF Akrotiri based stakeholders in support of DIO work activities.|
|· Manage the receipt, record, movement and return of works orders, CVIs, handover documents, reports and any other correspondence.|
|· Co-ordinate, inform and follow-up pre-construction, progress and handover/site meetings for works with Station stakeholders.|
|· Attend Station March-In and Out inspections to verify identified works on behalf of AKI EFM ensuring works are recorded and actioned.|
|· Ensure Grounds Maintenance monthly programme is published to Stakeholders|
|· Under take the responsibilities of the DIO Business Support Clerk during absence and leave.|
|· Respond to daily Requests for Information from both Contractors and Clients|
|· Manage the conference room bookings||5%|
|All employees are|
· To undertake ad-hoc duties, as required, that may be reasonably expected by the Line Manager but are commensurate with the grade, and within the unit objectives.
· To carry out responsibilities with regard to BFC Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety Policies.
· Working Together.
· Communicating and Influencing.
· Analysing and Using Evidence.
· Managing Customers and Suppliers.
|Training/qualifications required for the post|
· Additional IT training will be provided in house for role specific programmes such as Maximo and IMS.
· Well-developed customer awareness and sensitivity.
· Good written and verbal skills management of queries.
· Good ability to develop effective working relationships with senior staff throughout the authority and staff of external organisations including other Government agencies.
· Previous experience in an administration role.
· Driving License
|Equal Opportunities Responsibilities|
The responsibility for implementing the Department’s Equality & Diversity policies is shared by all staff. The Post Holder has a shared responsibility to ensure that the working environment is free from harassment, and that the dignity of others is respected. The Post Holder is required to take care that his/her own conduct does not cause offence and she/he should discourage colleagues from harassing others. Post Holder will be required to undertake a mandated Equality & Diversity training.
|Health & Safety Responsibilities|
The Post Holder is to take due account of customer care considerations and is responsible for ensuring that their own actions and their environment is free from items/actions that may be considered hazardous to others.