We are seeking for an enthusiastic Tier 1 Support Officer, who will be monitoring and maintaining a wide variety of products and solutions within the Maritime Satellite Communications Industry. Tasks will include, diagnosing software/hardware and technical problems, configuring different systems to suit customer’s requirements and being as efficient as possible in your resolution time.
The main job purpose of the Tier 1 Support Officer is to provide technical and network problem resolution to the end-user (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. When necessary, the Tier 1 Support Officer will follow specific procedures to escalate technical problems to a Tier 2 Support Officer.
This is a critical and important role to the company because the Tier 1 Support Officer represents the organization and is the direct point of contact for our customers, during critical moments.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Research and identify solutions when software and hardware issued occur
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including account setup and network configuration relating to Tototheo products
- Ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Track issues through to resolution, within agreed time limits
- Guide the end-user through a series of actions, either via phone or email, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the appropriate Tier 2 Support Officer
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to the customer
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with clients to ensure proper functionality of services and solutions provided
- Maintain and develop a solid professional relationship with existing and new clients
- 24/7/365 shift work to provide technical support upon request from the customer at any time (shift patterns between colleagues will take place)
- Excellent knowledge of the English Language
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Computer literacy
- Networking & Knowledge of services and protocols such as DNS, HTTP, SMTP, STP, SNMP, DHCP
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively across departmental functions.
- The ability to assess and modify your own approach when speaking to customers
- The ability to deal with difficult calls whereby the caller may not have English as a first language
- The ability to provide good analysis, sometimes at a short notice, due to the urgency of each requirement from the customers
- Experience with monitoring solutions and procedures
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- A Degree in Computer Science, Computer Network Administration, Information Systems Management or adequate experience in a similar position
If you feel that this position matches your profile please send your CV quoting the job description to the following email [email protected]