Hellenic Alico Life Insurance Company (HAL) Ltd, a subsidiary of Hellenic Bank Public Company Ltd that provides comprehensive life insurance solutions to the Bank’s customers, is seeking to recruit an IT Business Analyst / Developer.
The IT Business Analyst / Developer role is to define, develop, test, analyse, and maintain new software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analysing software programs and applications. The IT Business Analyst / Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
- Analyse and assess existing business systems and procedures
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments
- Liaise with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Develop / maintain user manuals and train end users to operate new or modified programs
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or in a related field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in the Insurance Sector
- Excellent understanding of XML, Web Services, Oracle, MS-SQL coding, methods and best practices
- Demonstrated experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues
- Demonstrated experience developing test cases and test plans
- Flexible and adaptable regarding learning and understanding new technologies
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proactive, resourceful and diligent
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with ability to engage with people at all levels
- Fluency in Greek and English, both verbal and written
All applications will be reviewed and assessed and only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Applicants who have submitted an application to Hellenic Bank in the past and meet the requirements of the above position must fill a new application.
Deadline for submitting applications: 27th of January 2020
All applications will be handled in strict confidence.
For additional information, please contact the Recruitment Team on the following telephone number: 22500005.