CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and respected International Financial Services Provider with offices in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit a highly numeric, hardworking and dependable Assistant Account to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicant will have previous and demonstrable experience as an Assistant Accountant and be fluent in both Greek and English.
- Ensuring the decisions and instructions of management are adhered to at all times.
- Assisting with the smooth running of the accounts and financial reporting function.
- Assisting with the preparation of all financial accounting responsibilities and deliverables.
- Ensuring maintenance of proper books of accounts in accordance with Cyprus legislation.
- Maintenance of the general ledger.
- Assisting with the preparation of periodic management accounts and reports as requested.
- Assisting in the financial reporting for allocated companies.
- “Rapid reaction” for ad hoc requests from Chief Accountant and provide “on demand” analysis on the outputs.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with International Accounting Standards and Cyprus companies Law
- Liaising with Inland Revenue as required.
- Assisting with the preparation of annual tax computation.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of provisional tax declaration.
- Liaising with auditors and facilitating the audit for allocated companies.
- Preparation of reports as requested by the Chief Accountant.
- LCCI Higher or CAT qualified (desirable but not essential).
- Ideally educated to degree level in Business Administration or any other related field.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Internet Explorer.
- Bookkeeping knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Greek, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Well-developed organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to properly use, maintain and take care of work related materials and equipment.
To apply for this vacancy, please send your CV, along with any covering letter to [email protected] quoting the reference number FIN4435. Please note that due to the high volumes of applications received only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.